Oct 15, 2013, 10:07 AM EST
You could have NBA basketball for breakfast Tuesday.
The Golden State Warriors beat the Los Angeles Lakers 101-95 in a game played in Beijing, one that started at 7:30 am Eastern. There were a few highlights so we’re bringing them to you — Xavier Henry with the half-court alley-oop finish from Steve Blake, and Andrew Bogut shutting down Nick Young at the rim.
The odd part of this game: Mark Jackson ran his starters regular season minutes against the Lakers third string. Andre Iguodala played 39 minutes, David Lee 36, Stephen Curry 36, Klay Thompson 35, Andrew Bogut 31. Why? It’s a meaningless preseason game with jet lag issues on both ends, why the big minutes to tire the guys out? With the injuries key players this team have battled in the past keeping minutes under control would seem important.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10