Oct 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Now Landry is going to be out three to four months following surgery on a hip flexor, the team announced Monday. He suffered the injury during a training camp practice, according to the team. This puts his return into 2014 somewhere.
Landry can bang inside with a power game and has done that for years. Then last season in Golden State he added a midrange game, which made him far more dangerous on the pick-and-roll. Landry and Jarrett Jack (now in Cleveland) provided a real stability off the bench for the young Warriors. He averaged 10.8 points and 6 rebounds a game for Golden State last season.
Sacramento wanted that and went out paid Landry $26 million over four seasons this summer. The idea was to mix him in the rotation of DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, and Patrick Patterson, and you had a nice frontcourt.
Now we are not going to see that mix until much closer to the All-Star break.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 5
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16