Oct 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Now Landry is going to be out three to four months following surgery on a hip flexor, the team announced Monday. He suffered the injury during a training camp practice, according to the team. This puts his return into 2014 somewhere.
Landry can bang inside with a power game and has done that for years. Then last season in Golden State he added a midrange game, which made him far more dangerous on the pick-and-roll. Landry and Jarrett Jack (now in Cleveland) provided a real stability off the bench for the young Warriors. He averaged 10.8 points and 6 rebounds a game for Golden State last season.
Sacramento wanted that and went out paid Landry $26 million over four seasons this summer. The idea was to mix him in the rotation of DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, and Patrick Patterson, and you had a nice frontcourt.
Now we are not going to see that mix until much closer to the All-Star break.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19