Oct 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
Now Landry is going to be out three to four months following surgery on a hip flexor, the team announced Monday. He suffered the injury during a training camp practice, according to the team. This puts his return into 2014 somewhere.
Landry can bang inside with a power game and has done that for years. Then last season in Golden State he added a midrange game, which made him far more dangerous on the pick-and-roll. Landry and Jarrett Jack (now in Cleveland) provided a real stability off the bench for the young Warriors. He averaged 10.8 points and 6 rebounds a game for Golden State last season.
Sacramento wanted that and went out paid Landry $26 million over four seasons this summer. The idea was to mix him in the rotation of DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, and Patrick Patterson, and you had a nice frontcourt.
Now we are not going to see that mix until much closer to the All-Star break.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)