Oct 14, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Now Landry is going to be out three to four months following surgery on a hip flexor, the team announced Monday. He suffered the injury during a training camp practice, according to the team. This puts his return into 2014 somewhere.
Landry can bang inside with a power game and has done that for years. Then last season in Golden State he added a midrange game, which made him far more dangerous on the pick-and-roll. Landry and Jarrett Jack (now in Cleveland) provided a real stability off the bench for the young Warriors. He averaged 10.8 points and 6 rebounds a game for Golden State last season.
Sacramento wanted that and went out paid Landry $26 million over four seasons this summer. The idea was to mix him in the rotation of DeMarcus Cousins, Jason Thompson, Chuck Hayes, and Patrick Patterson, and you had a nice frontcourt.
Now we are not going to see that mix until much closer to the All-Star break.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 23
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 74
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13