Oct 14, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
For a guy in Tom Thibodeau’s doghouse, Marquis Teague has a lot of suitors around the league.
We passed along the report yesterday that the Jazz may have interest in Teague now that Trey Burkes is out for at least a couple months.
But they are not alone, reports the Chicago Tribune — you can throw the Minnesota Timberwolves in the mix as well.
Marquis Teague struggled Saturday night against the Wizards and, with the Jazz’s Trey Burke fracturing his right finger Saturday, ESPN.com speculated the Jazz could pursue trade talks for Teague. A league source said the Timberwolves also have shown interest in the past in Teague.
Teague is still a project, but he’s just 20 years old and in his second season. In his limited playing time this preseason he has not shown any kind of leap in playmaking ability or defense from his rookie season. He can attack off the dribble as a rookie but struggled to finish those attempts, shooting less than 50 percent in the restricted area.
Teams are willing to give him a shot the Bulls and Tom Thibodeau are not. Don’t be shocked if he is moved before the season starts.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 12
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43