Oct 14, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
For a guy in Tom Thibodeau’s doghouse, Marquis Teague has a lot of suitors around the league.
We passed along the report yesterday that the Jazz may have interest in Teague now that Trey Burkes is out for at least a couple months.
But they are not alone, reports the Chicago Tribune — you can throw the Minnesota Timberwolves in the mix as well.
Marquis Teague struggled Saturday night against the Wizards and, with the Jazz’s Trey Burke fracturing his right finger Saturday, ESPN.com speculated the Jazz could pursue trade talks for Teague. A league source said the Timberwolves also have shown interest in the past in Teague.
Teague is still a project, but he’s just 20 years old and in his second season. In his limited playing time this preseason he has not shown any kind of leap in playmaking ability or defense from his rookie season. He can attack off the dribble as a rookie but struggled to finish those attempts, shooting less than 50 percent in the restricted area.
Teams are willing to give him a shot the Bulls and Tom Thibodeau are not. Don’t be shocked if he is moved before the season starts.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 15
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 10
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 65
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8