Oct 14, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Keith Bogans wasn’t going to factor big in Boston’s plans this season. He is the veteran “3-and-D” guy on the wing but the Celtics plan to play get their young guys experience there — Jordan Crawford (who has had a nice preseason) and MarShon Brooks there. Plus, they have Gerald Wallace to be the veteran minutes guy in that role.
Now Bogans will not do much of anything for Boston for a while — he has a sprained thumb and is out indefinitely, tweets A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
How long you’re out with a sprained thumb depends on the severity of the sprain, but again Boston isn’t going to race him back. That said, Bogans is a pro, he still goes hard on defense and he’s the kind of guy new coach Brad Stevens will probably like to have around this season as a veteran leader.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 14
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 22
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 18
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23