Oct 14, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Keith Bogans wasn’t going to factor big in Boston’s plans this season. He is the veteran “3-and-D” guy on the wing but the Celtics plan to play get their young guys experience there — Jordan Crawford (who has had a nice preseason) and MarShon Brooks there. Plus, they have Gerald Wallace to be the veteran minutes guy in that role.
Now Bogans will not do much of anything for Boston for a while — he has a sprained thumb and is out indefinitely, tweets A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
How long you’re out with a sprained thumb depends on the severity of the sprain, but again Boston isn’t going to race him back. That said, Bogans is a pro, he still goes hard on defense and he’s the kind of guy new coach Brad Stevens will probably like to have around this season as a veteran leader.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34