Oct 14, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Keith Bogans wasn’t going to factor big in Boston’s plans this season. He is the veteran “3-and-D” guy on the wing but the Celtics plan to play get their young guys experience there — Jordan Crawford (who has had a nice preseason) and MarShon Brooks there. Plus, they have Gerald Wallace to be the veteran minutes guy in that role.
Now Bogans will not do much of anything for Boston for a while — he has a sprained thumb and is out indefinitely, tweets A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
How long you’re out with a sprained thumb depends on the severity of the sprain, but again Boston isn’t going to race him back. That said, Bogans is a pro, he still goes hard on defense and he’s the kind of guy new coach Brad Stevens will probably like to have around this season as a veteran leader.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 0
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 18
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22