Oct 14, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Keith Bogans wasn’t going to factor big in Boston’s plans this season. He is the veteran “3-and-D” guy on the wing but the Celtics plan to play get their young guys experience there — Jordan Crawford (who has had a nice preseason) and MarShon Brooks there. Plus, they have Gerald Wallace to be the veteran minutes guy in that role.
Now Bogans will not do much of anything for Boston for a while — he has a sprained thumb and is out indefinitely, tweets A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
How long you’re out with a sprained thumb depends on the severity of the sprain, but again Boston isn’t going to race him back. That said, Bogans is a pro, he still goes hard on defense and he’s the kind of guy new coach Brad Stevens will probably like to have around this season as a veteran leader.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 0
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 10
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 51
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 25
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20