Oct 14, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Keith Bogans wasn’t going to factor big in Boston’s plans this season. He is the veteran “3-and-D” guy on the wing but the Celtics plan to play get their young guys experience there — Jordan Crawford (who has had a nice preseason) and MarShon Brooks there. Plus, they have Gerald Wallace to be the veteran minutes guy in that role.
Now Bogans will not do much of anything for Boston for a while — he has a sprained thumb and is out indefinitely, tweets A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
How long you’re out with a sprained thumb depends on the severity of the sprain, but again Boston isn’t going to race him back. That said, Bogans is a pro, he still goes hard on defense and he’s the kind of guy new coach Brad Stevens will probably like to have around this season as a veteran leader.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25