Oct 14, 2013, 1:09 AM EST
Skip: You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!
— “Bull Durham”
Rick Adelman didn’t exactly quote “Bull Durham” when talking about his Timberwolves team through four preseason games, but he came pretty close.
“They’ve got to figure out what they want to do as a team,” Adelman said. “I just told them, ‘What kind of season do you want?’ That’s really up to us to make what we want. They’ve got to figure out what they want to do as a team….
“I don’t understand,” he said. “Like I told them afterward, we’ve played two games here at home and we’re acting like we’re just going through the motions. We aren’t the San Antonio Spurs and we aren’t Miami. We act like we have plenty of time.”
Minnesota has the talent to be a playoff team in the West, what Adelman is demanding of them is some professionalism. Seems pretty fair to me. That said, this is not on Adelman. Ultimately this really falls to Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio and anyone else considered a leader of this team. They have to set the tone. Now, not try to flip the switch in January.
The Timberwolves have a week off between preseason games, we’ll see how they come out of it.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6