Oct 14, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Skip: You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!
— “Bull Durham”
Rick Adelman didn’t exactly quote “Bull Durham” when talking about his Timberwolves team through four preseason games, but he came pretty close.
“They’ve got to figure out what they want to do as a team,” Adelman said. “I just told them, ‘What kind of season do you want?’ That’s really up to us to make what we want. They’ve got to figure out what they want to do as a team….
“I don’t understand,” he said. “Like I told them afterward, we’ve played two games here at home and we’re acting like we’re just going through the motions. We aren’t the San Antonio Spurs and we aren’t Miami. We act like we have plenty of time.”
Minnesota has the talent to be a playoff team in the West, what Adelman is demanding of them is some professionalism. Seems pretty fair to me. That said, this is not on Adelman. Ultimately this really falls to Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio and anyone else considered a leader of this team. They have to set the tone. Now, not try to flip the switch in January.
The Timberwolves have a week off between preseason games, we’ll see how they come out of it.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 0
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 3
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 3
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16