Oct 13, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Scottie Pippen knows about NBA championships. He won six of them playing alongside Michael Jordan with the Chicago Bulls, and now serves the team as Special Advisor to the President & COO.
Pippen was in Brazil with the Bulls as part of the team’s participation in the league’s Global Games, and believes there are more championships on the horizon — specifically because Derrick Rose is firmly in place on the roster.
“That’s our belief as a team,” Pippen said, when asked if Rose could lead the team to a title during a press conference. “Derrick is a very hard working player, he ‘s very determined. He’s a serious player, and he wants to win.
“There’s no doubt in our mind that Derrick Rose will win a championship as a Chicago Bull.”
After a pause, possibly for dramatic effect, Pippen added that he may have to personally make sure his prediction comes true.
“I might have to come back and help him,” the 48-year old said with a smile.
Rose sat out of the Bulls’ preseason game in Brazil as a precautionary measure after experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired left knee. Rose said later that the front office made the call, and that he could’ve played through the discomfort.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 6
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 5
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 32
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)