Oct 13, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Scottie Pippen knows about NBA championships. He won six of them playing alongside Michael Jordan with the Chicago Bulls, and now serves the team as Special Advisor to the President & COO.
Pippen was in Brazil with the Bulls as part of the team’s participation in the league’s Global Games, and believes there are more championships on the horizon — specifically because Derrick Rose is firmly in place on the roster.
“That’s our belief as a team,” Pippen said, when asked if Rose could lead the team to a title during a press conference. “Derrick is a very hard working player, he ‘s very determined. He’s a serious player, and he wants to win.
“There’s no doubt in our mind that Derrick Rose will win a championship as a Chicago Bull.”
After a pause, possibly for dramatic effect, Pippen added that he may have to personally make sure his prediction comes true.
“I might have to come back and help him,” the 48-year old said with a smile.
Rose sat out of the Bulls’ preseason game in Brazil as a precautionary measure after experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired left knee. Rose said later that the front office made the call, and that he could’ve played through the discomfort.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 44
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11