Oct 13, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Scottie Pippen knows about NBA championships. He won six of them playing alongside Michael Jordan with the Chicago Bulls, and now serves the team as Special Advisor to the President & COO.
Pippen was in Brazil with the Bulls as part of the team’s participation in the league’s Global Games, and believes there are more championships on the horizon — specifically because Derrick Rose is firmly in place on the roster.
“That’s our belief as a team,” Pippen said, when asked if Rose could lead the team to a title during a press conference. “Derrick is a very hard working player, he ‘s very determined. He’s a serious player, and he wants to win.
“There’s no doubt in our mind that Derrick Rose will win a championship as a Chicago Bull.”
After a pause, possibly for dramatic effect, Pippen added that he may have to personally make sure his prediction comes true.
“I might have to come back and help him,” the 48-year old said with a smile.
Rose sat out of the Bulls’ preseason game in Brazil as a precautionary measure after experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired left knee. Rose said later that the front office made the call, and that he could’ve played through the discomfort.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6