Oct 13, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
Scottie Pippen knows about NBA championships. He won six of them playing alongside Michael Jordan with the Chicago Bulls, and now serves the team as Special Advisor to the President & COO.
Pippen was in Brazil with the Bulls as part of the team’s participation in the league’s Global Games, and believes there are more championships on the horizon — specifically because Derrick Rose is firmly in place on the roster.
“That’s our belief as a team,” Pippen said, when asked if Rose could lead the team to a title during a press conference. “Derrick is a very hard working player, he ‘s very determined. He’s a serious player, and he wants to win.
“There’s no doubt in our mind that Derrick Rose will win a championship as a Chicago Bull.”
After a pause, possibly for dramatic effect, Pippen added that he may have to personally make sure his prediction comes true.
“I might have to come back and help him,” the 48-year old said with a smile.
Rose sat out of the Bulls’ preseason game in Brazil as a precautionary measure after experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired left knee. Rose said later that the front office made the call, and that he could’ve played through the discomfort.
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 2
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 7
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 27
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 11
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)