Nick Young becomes second Lakers player victimized by toboggan at Great Wall of China (VIDEO)

Oct 13, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT

It’s one thing for the NBA to send its teams abroad to promote the game internationally, but it’s quite another for the players to engage in such dangerous local attractions.

Apparently the Great Wall of China isn’t just something you stroll across, but it also features a toboggan run that you can sled down at your own risk. Chris Kaman suffered a finger injury when teammate Shawne Williams didn’t hit the brakes in time and slammed into Kaman’s sled, with Kaman’s hand getting smashed between the two vessels.

Nick Young also struggled during his sled adventure, although his crash — possibly because it was caught on video, via Jordan Farmar’s Instagram account — was way more hilarious than it was worrisome.

1. dbones750 - Oct 13, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Not funny at all

2. stadix093 - Oct 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM

This team may not be great, but damn it, it’s already more entertaining.

• 00maltliquor - Oct 14, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Word

• antistratfordian - Oct 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM

They need to do a lot more than tobogganing to be more entertaining than they were last year.

• Anoesis - Oct 14, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Nobody’s forcing you to watch them, but I know you do because you love to criticize them. I’ve always wondered what kind of tortured life someone has who wastes so much time rooting against something. You’re world-class negative.

• antistratfordian - Oct 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Nothing makes me smile more than getting under the skin of a Lakers fan. Thank you.

• Anoesis - Oct 14, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Most people aspire to accomplishing more in life than simply doing something because they can, like a dog licking his balls. I suppose if your purpose in life is to be an irritant, then you’re welcome. The same welcome I give to a mosquito trying to suck my blood. Glad I could make your day.

• antistratfordian - Oct 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Heh. I don’t even have to type but a sentence and this guy loses his s—. Maybe I don’t know my own strength.

3. freddysanford - Oct 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Nick Young can be an all star if he SLOWS DOWN AND TAKES HIS TIME on the court. Conserve energy, play smart, be explosive but restrained. Stay calm Nick.

4. mackcarrington - Oct 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I guess as long as the team is fine with it.
    But don’t they generally have clauses in their contracts prohibiting stupid (and potentially dangerous) off-season
    activities?

• Kurt Helin - Oct 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It wasn’t the offseaason, it was a team trip.

• mackcarrington - Oct 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Uhhh, I live in Los Angeles. I’m a Laker fan.
        I KNOW it was a team trip.
        But thanks for thinking that you are EDUCATING me!

• vanyesno - Oct 16, 2013 at 6:59 PM

It seems he was. It is no longer the off-season you donkey.

5. doublewide007 - Oct 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Great photos, thanks for sharing. Mutianyu Great Wall is a good alternative for Badaling, often quiet, with less tour buses and stops. Badaling gets more tourists than Mutianyu. http://www.wildgreatwall.com/mutianyu-toboggan-ride/

Warriors vs. Clippers playoff preview