Oct 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Right at the start of Sunday’s exhibition game in Taiwan, Jeremy Lin stepped up and knocked down a three.
Linsanity never really died in Lin’s ancestral home of Taiwan and by the end of the game Sunday it felt like New York at the peak of the craze.
That opening three sparked a first half where Lin made a steal and went coast-to-coast, hit a variety of shots and even blocked a Danny Granger shot. It was a fantastic first half and by the end Lin had 17 points on 6-of-8 shooting (3-of-4 from deep) and four assists. Lin has had a solid preseason and Rockets’ coach Kevin McHale talked about it.
“I think he’s really comfortable with who he is,” McHale said. “He’s lost weight. He’s quicker. He played well again tonight, but he’s played well in practice.”
It is possible Lin will fall to a sixth man role in Houston, but that is less about his play and more about fit — Patrick Beverly brings better defense to the first unit (and he has shot well this preseason), Lin would bring some pick-and-roll shot creation to the second unit. Whatever the role, if Lin’s game has matured the Rockets will take another step toward contender.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9