Oct 13, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Right at the start of Sunday’s exhibition game in Taiwan, Jeremy Lin stepped up and knocked down a three.
Linsanity never really died in Lin’s ancestral home of Taiwan and by the end of the game Sunday it felt like New York at the peak of the craze.
That opening three sparked a first half where Lin made a steal and went coast-to-coast, hit a variety of shots and even blocked a Danny Granger shot. It was a fantastic first half and by the end Lin had 17 points on 6-of-8 shooting (3-of-4 from deep) and four assists. Lin has had a solid preseason and Rockets’ coach Kevin McHale talked about it.
“I think he’s really comfortable with who he is,” McHale said. “He’s lost weight. He’s quicker. He played well again tonight, but he’s played well in practice.”
It is possible Lin will fall to a sixth man role in Houston, but that is less about his play and more about fit — Patrick Beverly brings better defense to the first unit (and he has shot well this preseason), Lin would bring some pick-and-roll shot creation to the second unit. Whatever the role, if Lin’s game has matured the Rockets will take another step toward contender.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40