Oct 13, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Team personnel made sure to point out that this was simply a precautionary measure; there was nothing structurally wrong with Rose’s knee, and no MRI was scheduled.
Rose seemed to confirm the lack of severity to his condition after the game had finished, when he told reporters that he could have played, but the front office made the decision to hold him out.
“I’m good,” Rose said. “I could’ve played, but the front office made the decision to sit me out. I can’t complain about it. It’s nothing huge. I know that I should be able to go next game.” …
“If there’s soreness, then we’re going to rest,” [Bulls GM Gar Forman] said. “Any time you’re dealing with any type of injury or soreness you’re concerned. But it’s not a major red flag or huge concern.”
Rose said he knows he will be ready for the regular-season opener in just more than two weeks against the Heat and added he wasn’t startled or nervous about this speed bump.
“You wouldn’t expect it to happen,” he said. “But when it does happen, you can’t be down on it. I know that it’s feeling better day-by-day. I’m just trying to stay positive.”
Given the fact that Rose missed all of last season with the knee injury, anything related to it that causes him to miss time in the future will undoubtedly be highly scrutinized. But it is just the preseason, which makes it the perfect time for Rose to get this type of thing out of the way before the real games begin.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17