Oct 13, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
DeAndre Jordan is going to be possibly the most important player for the Clippers this season. Doc Rivers has already tabbed him as being part of the team’s so-called Big Three along with Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, and Rivers has been grooming Jordan to use his athleticism to anchor the defense much in the same way that Kevin Garnett was able to in Boston during the Celtics’ recent run of success.
Some of that trademark athleticism was on display on the offensive end of the floor during the Clippers’ preseason contest against the Jazz, as Jordan leaked out on the break, received the pass in transition and found the rim without putting the ball on the floor before delivering the powerful finish.
Jordan finished 6-of-7 from the field with 14 points, seven rebounds and six blocked shots.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24