Oct 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EST
Utah Jazz rookie Trey Burke suffered a fractured right index finger during the first quarter of his team’s preseason loss to the Clippers on Saturday.
Burke sustained the injury midway through the first quarter, but returned with the finger taped and played a few more minutes early in the second before team trainers pulled the plug and he was finished for the night.
Burke will be re-evaluated Monday, according to Jody Genessy of the Deseret News. He ended up playing 14 minutes, but finished just 1-of-6 from the field with two points, four assists, and two turnovers.
Burke is favored by many to take home the Rookie of the Year award this season.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 15
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 3
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 2
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10