Oct 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
Utah Jazz rookie Trey Burke suffered a fractured right index finger during the first quarter of his team’s preseason loss to the Clippers on Saturday.
Burke sustained the injury midway through the first quarter, but returned with the finger taped and played a few more minutes early in the second before team trainers pulled the plug and he was finished for the night.
Burke will be re-evaluated Monday, according to Jody Genessy of the Deseret News. He ended up playing 14 minutes, but finished just 1-of-6 from the field with two points, four assists, and two turnovers.
Burke is favored by many to take home the Rookie of the Year award this season.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 5
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21