Oct 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
Utah Jazz rookie Trey Burke suffered a fractured right index finger during the first quarter of his team’s preseason loss to the Clippers on Saturday.
Burke sustained the injury midway through the first quarter, but returned with the finger taped and played a few more minutes early in the second before team trainers pulled the plug and he was finished for the night.
Burke will be re-evaluated Monday, according to Jody Genessy of the Deseret News. He ended up playing 14 minutes, but finished just 1-of-6 from the field with two points, four assists, and two turnovers.
Burke is favored by many to take home the Rookie of the Year award this season.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16