Oct 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EST
Utah Jazz rookie Trey Burke suffered a fractured right index finger during the first quarter of his team’s preseason loss to the Clippers on Saturday.
Burke sustained the injury midway through the first quarter, but returned with the finger taped and played a few more minutes early in the second before team trainers pulled the plug and he was finished for the night.
Burke will be re-evaluated Monday, according to Jody Genessy of the Deseret News. He ended up playing 14 minutes, but finished just 1-of-6 from the field with two points, four assists, and two turnovers.
Burke is favored by many to take home the Rookie of the Year award this season.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16