Oct 12, 2013, 11:46 PM EDT
Utah Jazz rookie Trey Burke suffered a fractured right index finger during the first quarter of his team’s preseason loss to the Clippers on Saturday.
Burke sustained the injury midway through the first quarter, but returned with the finger taped and played a few more minutes early in the second before team trainers pulled the plug and he was finished for the night.
Burke will be re-evaluated Monday, according to Jody Genessy of the Deseret News. He ended up playing 14 minutes, but finished just 1-of-6 from the field with two points, four assists, and two turnovers.
Burke is favored by many to take home the Rookie of the Year award this season.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 0
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 18
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48