Oct 12, 2013, 4:42 PM EDT
Derrick Rose looked great in his return to NBA action last week, showing every bit of the trademark speed and explosiveness we remembered seeing from the former MVP when he was last on the court almost 18 months prior.
Rose was out for so long due to needing extended time to rehab from a torn ACL injury, and while he’s been cleared and has felt ready mentally and physically to play for some time now, the recent ramp-up in activity has apparently left him with some soreness.
The Bulls are in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, for a preseason game against the Wizards on Saturday, and Rose will sit out as a precaution.
Derrick Rose will sit out Saturday’s preseason game against the Wizards because of what the Bulls are calling left-knee soreness. The team said the move was precautionary.
General manager Gar Forman was to address the media before the game.
Noah is dealing with an actual injury, albeit a minor one that Noah himself said he’d play through if this were the regular season. He was previously declared out of the Bulls’ “first couple” preseason games.
Bulls’ Executive VP of Basketball Operations, John Paxson, explained the decision to keep Rose out.
“He had a little soreness and we are being ultra conservative because it’s the third game of preseason,” Paxson said, via K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune. “We know there’s nothing structurally to be worried about. It’s just a little soreness.”
Where Rose is concerned, there’s no reason to believe that this is anything other than exactly what the team says it is — a precautionary measure. Although after he was forced to miss all of last season, Bulls fans will understandably be a little nervous about the news until they see their star point guard back in action.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48