Oct 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
When the Cavaliers selected Anthony Bennett with the number one overall pick in this summer’s draft, the move came as a bit of a surprise.
Truth be told, there was no obvious, clear-cut choice to be made, but Bennett was recovering from shoulder surgery, so teams didn’t get a chance to see him during the combine or in pre-draft workouts.
Cleveland took a chance, and while it’ll be a long time before we know if it ultimately pays off, Bennett showed flashes of what the Cavaliers saw in him during the team’s preseason win over the Magic.
Bennett scored 14 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, and while he said he was struggling to get himself into NBA shape, there was certainly no sign of fatigue in this one, as he dropped in six of seven shots playing all but 20 seconds of the final period.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5