Oct 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
When the Cavaliers selected Anthony Bennett with the number one overall pick in this summer’s draft, the move came as a bit of a surprise.
Truth be told, there was no obvious, clear-cut choice to be made, but Bennett was recovering from shoulder surgery, so teams didn’t get a chance to see him during the combine or in pre-draft workouts.
Cleveland took a chance, and while it’ll be a long time before we know if it ultimately pays off, Bennett showed flashes of what the Cavaliers saw in him during the team’s preseason win over the Magic.
Bennett scored 14 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, and while he said he was struggling to get himself into NBA shape, there was certainly no sign of fatigue in this one, as he dropped in six of seven shots playing all but 20 seconds of the final period.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5