Oct 12, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
When the Cavaliers selected Anthony Bennett with the number one overall pick in this summer’s draft, the move came as a bit of a surprise.
Truth be told, there was no obvious, clear-cut choice to be made, but Bennett was recovering from shoulder surgery, so teams didn’t get a chance to see him during the combine or in pre-draft workouts.
Cleveland took a chance, and while it’ll be a long time before we know if it ultimately pays off, Bennett showed flashes of what the Cavaliers saw in him during the team’s preseason win over the Magic.
Bennett scored 14 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter, and while he said he was struggling to get himself into NBA shape, there was certainly no sign of fatigue in this one, as he dropped in six of seven shots playing all but 20 seconds of the final period.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10