Oct 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Above you see the video evidence that Michael Beasley did indeed punch himself in the head after getting called for traveling in Thursday night’s preseason game against the Pistons (thanks to Ben at The Point Forward for finding that).
We’ll also say it doesn’t look like much — more of a forehead slap “D’oh” than a punch, but according to the Miami Herald it was harder than it looked (maybe it was another play and punch).
Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer. Steel compresses (like the ones cut doctors use in boxing) were applied to Beasley’s brow in the locker room.
Jul 27, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Larry Brown said the condition had Popovich thinking about retirement.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
Well, you don’t see that every day.
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Wasn’t this obvious already?
Jul 27, 2015, 7:59 PM EDT
It could work — in very limited circumstances.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
Bird also says Jordan would destroy him one-on-one right now.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
James Ennis seems on the bubble with Miami.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
I so hope this isn’t staged.
Jul 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Dragic would not have fit the triangle, but he’s talented.
Jul 27, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Center goes from Frank Vogel to Byron Scott and is happy about it
Jul 27, 2015, 3:08 PM EDT
Key Democrat implies it’s not a certainty
Jul 27, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
Vlade Divac is trying to put the band back together
Jul 27, 2015, 1:38 PM EDT
Celtics and Warriors finalize David Lee trade
Jul 27, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Did he accept the qualifying offer?
Jul 27, 2015, 12:11 PM EDT
Indiana apparently liked what is saw from undrafted free agent last season
Jul 27, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
Protected second-round pick going back to Celtics
Jul 27, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Miller reportedly wanted to leave Cavaliers for a team that would play him more
Jul 27, 2015, 9:32 AM EDT
Both players to receive partially guaranteed contracts
Jul 27, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
If Miller wants to be on a contender, it may not happen before the season starts.
Jul 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
If he ever writes a biography of his time with the team, that will be a must read.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:45 AM EDT
The Trail Blazers will waive Haywood and Miller very soon, and both will try to hook on with a contender.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4