Oct 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
Above you see the video evidence that Michael Beasley did indeed punch himself in the head after getting called for traveling in Thursday night’s preseason game against the Pistons (thanks to Ben at The Point Forward for finding that).
We’ll also say it doesn’t look like much — more of a forehead slap “D’oh” than a punch, but according to the Miami Herald it was harder than it looked (maybe it was another play and punch).
Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer. Steel compresses (like the ones cut doctors use in boxing) were applied to Beasley’s brow in the locker room.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:49 AM EST
Center will reportedly receive two-year contract
Mar 5, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
At least one Spur appears to be peaking
Mar 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
He got a flagrant one for this foul.
Mar 5, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Jason Smith dancing
Mar 5, 2015, 2:47 AM EST
Westbrook is putting up Jordan numbers.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:10 AM EST
This after the Celtics just smacked the Timberwolves pretty good.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:05 AM EST
Mar 4, 2015, 11:15 PM EST
Marc Gasol is a beast.
Mar 4, 2015, 10:38 PM EST
Who was that masked man?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Why didn’t Utah have Rudy Gobert protecting rim?
Mar 4, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
What penalty should Frazier receive?
Mar 4, 2015, 8:44 PM EST
Pacers are ganging up on Denver players
Mar 4, 2015, 7:53 PM EST
Sorry, Mark Cuban
Mar 4, 2015, 7:09 PM EST
He missed five games with a strained shoulder.
Mar 4, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
Don’t be shocked if the final price tag is close to $1 billion. Yes, for the Hawks.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:15 PM EST
Except you don’t really want a strong point guard in Phil Jackson’s triangle.
Mar 4, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
Some guys turn things around, bu Hairston has a lot of work to do.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Singing is awful, but the dancing is fantastic.
Mar 4, 2015, 2:58 PM EST
Allen isn’t officially retiring just yet, says he’ll reassess things in advance of next season.
Mar 4, 2015, 2:15 PM EST
Davis has missed the last six games with a shoulder injury.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 6
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 11
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18