Oct 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EST
Above you see the video evidence that Michael Beasley did indeed punch himself in the head after getting called for traveling in Thursday night’s preseason game against the Pistons (thanks to Ben at The Point Forward for finding that).
We’ll also say it doesn’t look like much — more of a forehead slap “D’oh” than a punch, but according to the Miami Herald it was harder than it looked (maybe it was another play and punch).
Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer. Steel compresses (like the ones cut doctors use in boxing) were applied to Beasley’s brow in the locker room.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 23
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 38
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28