Oct 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Above you see the video evidence that Michael Beasley did indeed punch himself in the head after getting called for traveling in Thursday night’s preseason game against the Pistons (thanks to Ben at The Point Forward for finding that).
We’ll also say it doesn’t look like much — more of a forehead slap “D’oh” than a punch, but according to the Miami Herald it was harder than it looked (maybe it was another play and punch).
Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer. Steel compresses (like the ones cut doctors use in boxing) were applied to Beasley’s brow in the locker room.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 16
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14