Oct 11, 2013, 10:10 AM EDT
Above you see the video evidence that Michael Beasley did indeed punch himself in the head after getting called for traveling in Thursday night’s preseason game against the Pistons (thanks to Ben at The Point Forward for finding that).
We’ll also say it doesn’t look like much — more of a forehead slap “D’oh” than a punch, but according to the Miami Herald it was harder than it looked (maybe it was another play and punch).
Upset with himself over missing a shot, Beasley started punching himself in the head while running back on defense. He punched himself so hard that he needed treatment after the game from the Heat’s trainer. Steel compresses (like the ones cut doctors use in boxing) were applied to Beasley’s brow in the locker room.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 24
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 5
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 23
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21