Quote of the Day: Does Kevin Durant practice or play NBA 2K14 more?

Oct 11, 2013, 2:50 PM EDT

BASKET-TPE-US-NBA Getty Images

“I probably play games more than I practice.”

Kevin Durant, on NBA 2K14 promo video (you can see it below), via Sportando.

Durant would not be alone on this — although in his case I might question it. He puts in his time on the court. But there are a lot of guys who put in a lot more time with a controller in their hand than they do working on their midrange jumper (for example). Guys in the Association have some money and a lot of daytime hours to kill in hotel rooms waiting around on the road.

We also learn Durant is competitive and has launched a few controllers into the pool after a loss. Nice.

The money quote is at the end of the clip.

1. chicitybulls - Oct 11, 2013 at 3:23 PM

You can tell KD is a true gamer. Any real gamer has ruined a controller (or two) in their day throwing it against the wall or slamming it on the ground. I know I have going back to the original NES.

• antistratfordian - Oct 11, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Anyone can throw a controller. A “true gamer” would have old controllers laying around with severe thumbstick erosion.

2. antistratfordian - Oct 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Oh no…. we might have a next generation Iverson on our hands.

• nickbrezzy - Oct 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

good Iverson was one of my fav players of all times

• antistratfordian - Oct 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Mine too. He was my favorite player for a while there after MJ retired. But he should’ve been in the gym more and he should’ve taken practice seriously. Be a leader of men! You’re never going to get anywhere if the best player on your team blows off practice.

3. ausar02 - Oct 11, 2013 at 8:52 PM

If I was in Durant’s position I’d be on the sticks in my free time also, nothing wrong with that he’s staying out of trouble and he will eventually grow out of it as he matures.

4. legend30 - Oct 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Was he the one using the Rockets? Because I’m sure he still misses playing with his beloved James Harden.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches