Oct 10, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
The first game of the preseason is the perfect time to give rookies or seldom-used players confidence by allowing them to perform in crunch-time situations.
The Knicks were faced with one of those on Tuesday against the Celtics, and Tim Hardaway Jr. made the most of the opportunity, hitting the baseline jumper with 8.2 seconds left to give his team the victory.
Hardaway Jr. finished with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting in 25 minutes of action.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41