Oct 10, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
The first game of the preseason is the perfect time to give rookies or seldom-used players confidence by allowing them to perform in crunch-time situations.
The Knicks were faced with one of those on Tuesday against the Celtics, and Tim Hardaway Jr. made the most of the opportunity, hitting the baseline jumper with 8.2 seconds left to give his team the victory.
Hardaway Jr. finished with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting in 25 minutes of action.
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 6
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 15