Oct 10, 2013, 12:01 AM EST
The first game of the preseason is the perfect time to give rookies or seldom-used players confidence by allowing them to perform in crunch-time situations.
The Knicks were faced with one of those on Tuesday against the Celtics, and Tim Hardaway Jr. made the most of the opportunity, hitting the baseline jumper with 8.2 seconds left to give his team the victory.
Hardaway Jr. finished with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting in 25 minutes of action.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7