Oct 10, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
The first game of the preseason is the perfect time to give rookies or seldom-used players confidence by allowing them to perform in crunch-time situations.
The Knicks were faced with one of those on Tuesday against the Celtics, and Tim Hardaway Jr. made the most of the opportunity, hitting the baseline jumper with 8.2 seconds left to give his team the victory.
Hardaway Jr. finished with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting in 25 minutes of action.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15