Oct 10, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
The first game of the preseason is the perfect time to give rookies or seldom-used players confidence by allowing them to perform in crunch-time situations.
The Knicks were faced with one of those on Tuesday against the Celtics, and Tim Hardaway Jr. made the most of the opportunity, hitting the baseline jumper with 8.2 seconds left to give his team the victory.
Hardaway Jr. finished with 16 points on 6-of-10 shooting in 25 minutes of action.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16