Oct 10, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
This is a recently filed misdemeanor charge.
Perkins, who is accused of punching a woman and her brother, posted a $1,000 bond Thursday morning…
“We were made aware of the allegations,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti in a statement. “It is something we take seriously and are gathering more information. We will have no further comment at this time.”
According to KHOU.com, which cites court documents, the incident happened outside of Nox nightclub. The case was initially dismissed, but Perkins and his brother-in-law, Quincy Alpough, were both charged when it was re-filed.
If you read the entire report, it sounds like the car with Perkins and friends collided with another car of people leaving the club, and rather than a polite exchange of insurance information there was a fight with both men and women involved.
This is not going to help the public reputation of Perkins, who is already not exactly a fan favorite of anyone in Oklahoma City not named Scott Brooks. A lot of Thunder fans wanted Perkins amnestied after a terrible playoffs last season (he had a PER of -0.6). While Perkins brings a real scowl to the game his role is to defend traditional centers, and there are fewer of those in the league now.
Perkins said he looked himself in the mirror after last year’s playoff performance and will come back a better player. We’ll see. This latest incident is just another blow to his image in a very tight-knit city and fan base.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18