Oct 10, 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
This is a recently filed misdemeanor charge.
Perkins, who is accused of punching a woman and her brother, posted a $1,000 bond Thursday morning…
“We were made aware of the allegations,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti in a statement. “It is something we take seriously and are gathering more information. We will have no further comment at this time.”
According to KHOU.com, which cites court documents, the incident happened outside of Nox nightclub. The case was initially dismissed, but Perkins and his brother-in-law, Quincy Alpough, were both charged when it was re-filed.
If you read the entire report, it sounds like the car with Perkins and friends collided with another car of people leaving the club, and rather than a polite exchange of insurance information there was a fight with both men and women involved.
This is not going to help the public reputation of Perkins, who is already not exactly a fan favorite of anyone in Oklahoma City not named Scott Brooks. A lot of Thunder fans wanted Perkins amnestied after a terrible playoffs last season (he had a PER of -0.6). While Perkins brings a real scowl to the game his role is to defend traditional centers, and there are fewer of those in the league now.
Perkins said he looked himself in the mirror after last year’s playoff performance and will come back a better player. We’ll see. This latest incident is just another blow to his image in a very tight-knit city and fan base.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24