Oct 10, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
When the pulled muscles, sprained ankles and other assorted injuries that are just part of the NBA grind hit this season, few teams will be as deep and prepared as the Clippers. They are as deep a team as there is in the league (at least in the backcourt, up front… not so much).
For example, Doc Rivers said Wednesday that expected starting two guard J.J. Redick will be out about 10 days due to a quadriceps contusion — what you and I would call a bruised thigh — reports the Los Angeles Times.
So who gets more minutes? Jamal Crawford and Willie Green. Remember Green was the starter last season and now is relegated to being almost all the way down the pecking order. Those are quality replacements.
It’s not the backcourt that is the Clippers question mark. They don’t have much depth up front (no offense to Antawn Jamison and Byron Mullens intended) and it really all comes down this season to how big a step forward Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan can take under Doc Rivers.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30