Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Andre Drummond had a rookie season that made you think “this guy could be a franchise anchor.” He only started 10 games and played 20 minutes a night — you can thank Lawrence Frank for giving us more Jason Maxiell over Drummond, that’s the way to build a young team! — but he averaged 7.9 points on 60 percent shooting plus pulled down 7.6 rebounds a game.
The most glaring weakness: Free throw shooting. He hit 37.1 percent of his shots at the line. He had multiple airballs (including once when he airballed two in a row). It was ugly.
But now he’s got this new form, so it’s all good. Nothing to worry about.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61