Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Andre Drummond had a rookie season that made you think “this guy could be a franchise anchor.” He only started 10 games and played 20 minutes a night — you can thank Lawrence Frank for giving us more Jason Maxiell over Drummond, that’s the way to build a young team! — but he averaged 7.9 points on 60 percent shooting plus pulled down 7.6 rebounds a game.
The most glaring weakness: Free throw shooting. He hit 37.1 percent of his shots at the line. He had multiple airballs (including once when he airballed two in a row). It was ugly.
But now he’s got this new form, so it’s all good. Nothing to worry about.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43