Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Andre Drummond had a rookie season that made you think “this guy could be a franchise anchor.” He only started 10 games and played 20 minutes a night — you can thank Lawrence Frank for giving us more Jason Maxiell over Drummond, that’s the way to build a young team! — but he averaged 7.9 points on 60 percent shooting plus pulled down 7.6 rebounds a game.
The most glaring weakness: Free throw shooting. He hit 37.1 percent of his shots at the line. He had multiple airballs (including once when he airballed two in a row). It was ugly.
But now he’s got this new form, so it’s all good. Nothing to worry about.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32