Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Andre Drummond had a rookie season that made you think “this guy could be a franchise anchor.” He only started 10 games and played 20 minutes a night — you can thank Lawrence Frank for giving us more Jason Maxiell over Drummond, that’s the way to build a young team! — but he averaged 7.9 points on 60 percent shooting plus pulled down 7.6 rebounds a game.
The most glaring weakness: Free throw shooting. He hit 37.1 percent of his shots at the line. He had multiple airballs (including once when he airballed two in a row). It was ugly.
But now he’s got this new form, so it’s all good. Nothing to worry about.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21