Oct 10, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Andre Drummond had a rookie season that made you think “this guy could be a franchise anchor.” He only started 10 games and played 20 minutes a night — you can thank Lawrence Frank for giving us more Jason Maxiell over Drummond, that’s the way to build a young team! — but he averaged 7.9 points on 60 percent shooting plus pulled down 7.6 rebounds a game.
The most glaring weakness: Free throw shooting. He hit 37.1 percent of his shots at the line. He had multiple airballs (including once when he airballed two in a row). It was ugly.
But now he’s got this new form, so it’s all good. Nothing to worry about.
Hat tip to Lang at NBA.com’s All Ball.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6