Oct 10, 2013, 1:18 AM EDT
It’s a wily defensive tactic used by veteran players defending the post, and one that was made famous by Rick Mahorn while playing for the Bad Boys era Pistons in the mid-late 80s: Pulling the Chair.
It works like this — a post defender places pressure on the offensive player once he gets the ball on the low block, and as the player begins to lean back to make his move, the defender slips away, usually resulting in the player with the ball falling on his backside.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18