Oct 9, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Lamar Odom‘s attorney has pled not guilty to the DUI charge filed against him, reports the Los Angeles Times. This is pretty standard for guys who want to fight a DUI, but Odom is standing on difficult ground here. California law states that if you have a driver’s license you have to take a breathalyzer or other test in the field, or you can choose a chemical test back at the station. Odom refused all of those tests, which means his license is suspended for a year. I’m sure the attorneys will try to argue against that, but that is going to be a tough to overcome.
• Here is a fantastic breakdown of the basketball in Space Jam. The lesson here is not to trust a Martian ref.
• The gambling site Bovda released its odds to win the championship for the upcoming season, here is the Top 10:
Miami Heat 2/1
Chicago Bulls 8/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 8/1
Los Angeles Clippers 9/1
Houston Rockets 10/1
Indiana Pacers 10/1
Brooklyn Nets 10/1
San Antonio Spurs 12/1
Golden State Warriors 16/1
New York Knicks 22/1
• My first thought on those odds: The Spurs and Pacers are good bets at those odds. That matchup very well could be our NBA Finals.
• Great story about Chris Douglas-Roberts trying to catch on with the Knicks. There are a lot of guys in his shoes around the NBA.
“Yeah (he was the focus of the team), but of a losing franchise so how good am I? At that point it’s all about trying to do the best I can with what I have. Donald Sterling didn’t want to pay a ton of money to get other players.”
• The court records from when police were called to Zach Randoloph’s home in Oregon where an alleged drug deal said he was beat up will not be made public.
• The sore foot Wes Johnson has kept him out of Lakers practice Wednesday.
• The Bulls have waived Dahntay Jones.
• Finally, watch Gerald Green kiss the rim.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 21
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14