Oct 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
More Jeff Green for the Celtics this season is going to mean more of this — he is wildly athletic and it leads to some dynamic plays. Like hurdling Toronto’s D.J. Augustin on the break while blocking his shot during Sunday night’s game.
More Jeff Green will also mean more lines like he had in this preseason game: 2-of-7 from the floor, 0-of-4 from three. I know Celtics fans are expecting him to take a leap forward into a leadership role where he will be more consistent; but I expect what we will get this season is what we always have — brilliance some nights (43 points against the Heat last season) and nights he fades into the background.
The other thing you can get off this video clip is how big a man crush Celtics legend and broadcaster Tommy Heinsohn has on rookie Kelly Olynyk. Listen to a Celtics broadcast and you’ll think Olynyk will be both an All-Star player and win the 2016 Presidential election going away.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11