Oct 9, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Jarrett Jack is going to win over a lot of people in Cleveland — he is fun to watch and a great guard to have coming in off the bench (the Warriors will miss him).
Among those new fans — Anthony Bennett. The No. 1 overall pick from last season got his first NBA points (well, preseason points) on this sweet little behind-the-back dish from Jack.
The other thing that should make Cavaliers fans smile out of this otherwise meaningless preseason game — Anderson Varejao played 21 minutes and had 10 rebounds. If they can keep him healthy and give him some good run along the front line this season they get a lot better quickly (especially if they can eventually pair him with Andrew Bynum).
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43