Oct 9, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
You know it’s preseason when Wizards rookie Glen Rice Jr. is on the floor at the end of a two-point game.
But it was Rice that made the play sending the Nets and Wizards into overtime. With the Wizards down two and time for a final shot the ball was in the hands of Eric Maynor, who got off an off-balance floater in the lane that hit the back of the rim — the Rice comes flying in for the putback dunk. The play was reviewed by the refs and it was clean.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10