Oct 9, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
You know it’s preseason when Wizards rookie Glen Rice Jr. is on the floor at the end of a two-point game.
But it was Rice that made the play sending the Nets and Wizards into overtime. With the Wizards down two and time for a final shot the ball was in the hands of Eric Maynor, who got off an off-balance floater in the lane that hit the back of the rim — the Rice comes flying in for the putback dunk. The play was reviewed by the refs and it was clean.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50