Oct 8, 2013, 10:03 AM EST
We’ve talked about this at length at PBT and we haven’t even gotten to the Clippers season preview (patience, next week) — DeAndre Jordan is at the heart of the Clippers chances to really contend this season. That team is going to have one of the best (my guess is THE best) offense in the NBA but can they get stops?
Jordan has to be at the heart of a revised defense and he was his athletic self on Monday night with four blocks, which included this fantastic combination (he finished with 16 points and 8 boards in 21 minutes). Jordan’s athleticism is on display (and that has never been in question, the only center as athletic in the league is JaVale McGee). More importantly he made the right defensive plays.
Will the more consistent structure of a Doc Rivers defense be what Jordan needs to break out? (Last year under Vinny Del Negro the Clippers threw a lot of different looks at teams but were really the jack of all trades but masters of none.) The Clippers hope so. Don’t read too much into preseason but Monday was a nice first step.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)