Oct 8, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer and as of last weekend didn’t have a timetable on when he could even start running again. He’s out for the first three preseason games at least, but we know it will be more than that.
However, Stoudemire is still optimistic he can be there when the Knicks tip off the season in a couple weeks.
Here’s a tweet from Al Iannazzone of Newsday.
I like that Stoudemire thinks that — he should be confident. I seriously doubt coach Mike Woodson thinks those same thoughts.
Woodson knows when he needs Stoudemire is April, not November, and he can’t get caught up in pushing the player’s body now. Let him get healthy and maybe he can give you 20 quality minutes a night when you need it. The East is stacked at the top this season and if the Knicks are going to take a step forward off last season they are going to need Stoudemire and a lot of other things to click come the playoffs.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8