Oct 8, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer and as of last weekend didn’t have a timetable on when he could even start running again. He’s out for the first three preseason games at least, but we know it will be more than that.
However, Stoudemire is still optimistic he can be there when the Knicks tip off the season in a couple weeks.
Here’s a tweet from Al Iannazzone of Newsday.
I like that Stoudemire thinks that — he should be confident. I seriously doubt coach Mike Woodson thinks those same thoughts.
Woodson knows when he needs Stoudemire is April, not November, and he can’t get caught up in pushing the player’s body now. Let him get healthy and maybe he can give you 20 quality minutes a night when you need it. The East is stacked at the top this season and if the Knicks are going to take a step forward off last season they are going to need Stoudemire and a lot of other things to click come the playoffs.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 12
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38