Oct 8, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer and as of last weekend didn’t have a timetable on when he could even start running again. He’s out for the first three preseason games at least, but we know it will be more than that.
However, Stoudemire is still optimistic he can be there when the Knicks tip off the season in a couple weeks.
Here’s a tweet from Al Iannazzone of Newsday.
I like that Stoudemire thinks that — he should be confident. I seriously doubt coach Mike Woodson thinks those same thoughts.
Woodson knows when he needs Stoudemire is April, not November, and he can’t get caught up in pushing the player’s body now. Let him get healthy and maybe he can give you 20 quality minutes a night when you need it. The East is stacked at the top this season and if the Knicks are going to take a step forward off last season they are going to need Stoudemire and a lot of other things to click come the playoffs.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10