Oct 8, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer and as of last weekend didn’t have a timetable on when he could even start running again. He’s out for the first three preseason games at least, but we know it will be more than that.
However, Stoudemire is still optimistic he can be there when the Knicks tip off the season in a couple weeks.
Here’s a tweet from Al Iannazzone of Newsday.
I like that Stoudemire thinks that — he should be confident. I seriously doubt coach Mike Woodson thinks those same thoughts.
Woodson knows when he needs Stoudemire is April, not November, and he can’t get caught up in pushing the player’s body now. Let him get healthy and maybe he can give you 20 quality minutes a night when you need it. The East is stacked at the top this season and if the Knicks are going to take a step forward off last season they are going to need Stoudemire and a lot of other things to click come the playoffs.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 6
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 11
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7