Oct 8, 2013, 5:58 PM EST
“Actually this is my first one.”
—Kings center DeMarcus Cousins when asked about the new offense of coach Mike Malone, as tweeted by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
John Calipari can be offended, but the Kings can’t. In his three seasons up to this point with the team Cousins has dealt with whatever it was Paul Westphal was trying to run, then Keith Smart’s offense came in and it was more uptempo and effective but not exactly pretty (the Kings did finish about the middle of the pack on offense last season).
We’ll see what Malone’s offense looks like but you can see why Cousins likes it. Before the season Malone said he wants to stay uptempo then work more inside out through Cousins in the half court (he wants to use his best players and exploit matchups, which is what every coach says). We’ll also see what Cousins says about it in three months.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6