Oct 8, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
“Actually this is my first one.”
—Kings center DeMarcus Cousins when asked about the new offense of coach Mike Malone, as tweeted by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
John Calipari can be offended, but the Kings can’t. In his three seasons up to this point with the team Cousins has dealt with whatever it was Paul Westphal was trying to run, then Keith Smart’s offense came in and it was more uptempo and effective but not exactly pretty (the Kings did finish about the middle of the pack on offense last season).
We’ll see what Malone’s offense looks like but you can see why Cousins likes it. Before the season Malone said he wants to stay uptempo then work more inside out through Cousins in the half court (he wants to use his best players and exploit matchups, which is what every coach says). We’ll also see what Cousins says about it in three months.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9