Oct 8, 2013, 5:58 PM EST
“Actually this is my first one.”
—Kings center DeMarcus Cousins when asked about the new offense of coach Mike Malone, as tweeted by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
John Calipari can be offended, but the Kings can’t. In his three seasons up to this point with the team Cousins has dealt with whatever it was Paul Westphal was trying to run, then Keith Smart’s offense came in and it was more uptempo and effective but not exactly pretty (the Kings did finish about the middle of the pack on offense last season).
We’ll see what Malone’s offense looks like but you can see why Cousins likes it. Before the season Malone said he wants to stay uptempo then work more inside out through Cousins in the half court (he wants to use his best players and exploit matchups, which is what every coach says). We’ll also see what Cousins says about it in three months.
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 1
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 7
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 11
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 54
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11