Oct 8, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
“Actually this is my first one.”
—Kings center DeMarcus Cousins when asked about the new offense of coach Mike Malone, as tweeted by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
John Calipari can be offended, but the Kings can’t. In his three seasons up to this point with the team Cousins has dealt with whatever it was Paul Westphal was trying to run, then Keith Smart’s offense came in and it was more uptempo and effective but not exactly pretty (the Kings did finish about the middle of the pack on offense last season).
We’ll see what Malone’s offense looks like but you can see why Cousins likes it. Before the season Malone said he wants to stay uptempo then work more inside out through Cousins in the half court (he wants to use his best players and exploit matchups, which is what every coach says). We’ll also see what Cousins says about it in three months.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 52
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 24
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65