Oct 8, 2013, 5:58 PM EDT
“Actually this is my first one.”
—Kings center DeMarcus Cousins when asked about the new offense of coach Mike Malone, as tweeted by Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
John Calipari can be offended, but the Kings can’t. In his three seasons up to this point with the team Cousins has dealt with whatever it was Paul Westphal was trying to run, then Keith Smart’s offense came in and it was more uptempo and effective but not exactly pretty (the Kings did finish about the middle of the pack on offense last season).
We’ll see what Malone’s offense looks like but you can see why Cousins likes it. Before the season Malone said he wants to stay uptempo then work more inside out through Cousins in the half court (he wants to use his best players and exploit matchups, which is what every coach says). We’ll also see what Cousins says about it in three months.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15