Oct 8, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
We first told you last night Hawks backup center Gustavo Ayón had to leave the game in the first quarter after colliding with Norris Cole of the Heat when going for a loose ball. Now the Hawks have an update on the health of the Mexico native and it’s not ideal.
That timeline likely has him back in mid-to-late November but it could stretch into December.
Ayon was going to be in the frontcourt rotation with Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Elton Brand, so those guys are going to have play a little more. This could mean more minutes for Pero Antic and Mike Scott.
Ayon had looked good this summer playing at FIBA Americas where he was the MVP of the tournament, now when he does return he’s going to have to fight for minutes in the ATL.
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 9
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 3
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23