Oct 8, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
We first told you last night Hawks backup center Gustavo Ayón had to leave the game in the first quarter after colliding with Norris Cole of the Heat when going for a loose ball. Now the Hawks have an update on the health of the Mexico native and it’s not ideal.
That timeline likely has him back in mid-to-late November but it could stretch into December.
Ayon was going to be in the frontcourt rotation with Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Elton Brand, so those guys are going to have play a little more. This could mean more minutes for Pero Antic and Mike Scott.
Ayon had looked good this summer playing at FIBA Americas where he was the MVP of the tournament, now when he does return he’s going to have to fight for minutes in the ATL.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10