Oct 8, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
We first told you last night Hawks backup center Gustavo Ayón had to leave the game in the first quarter after colliding with Norris Cole of the Heat when going for a loose ball. Now the Hawks have an update on the health of the Mexico native and it’s not ideal.
That timeline likely has him back in mid-to-late November but it could stretch into December.
Ayon was going to be in the frontcourt rotation with Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Elton Brand, so those guys are going to have play a little more. This could mean more minutes for Pero Antic and Mike Scott.
Ayon had looked good this summer playing at FIBA Americas where he was the MVP of the tournament, now when he does return he’s going to have to fight for minutes in the ATL.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 48