Oct 8, 2013, 4:59 PM EDT
We first told you last night Hawks backup center Gustavo Ayón had to leave the game in the first quarter after colliding with Norris Cole of the Heat when going for a loose ball. Now the Hawks have an update on the health of the Mexico native and it’s not ideal.
Gustavo Ayón will miss 4-8 weeks after an MRI revealed inflammation and a rotator cuff strain. He hurt his right shoulder last night.—
Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) October 08, 2013
That timeline likely has him back in mid-to-late November but it could stretch into December.
Ayon was going to be in the frontcourt rotation with Al Horford, Paul Millsap and Elton Brand, so those guys are going to have play a little more. This could mean more minutes for Pero Antic and Mike Scott.
Ayon had looked good this summer playing at FIBA Americas where he was the MVP of the tournament, now when he does return he’s going to have to fight for minutes in the ATL.
- Timberwolves’ coach Rick Adelman announcenes retirement 7
- Knicks fire Mike Woodson 30
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 18