Oct 8, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Harrison Barnes put together a good rookie season then burst on the scene with the fan favorite, bombs-away Warriors during the playoffs (when he averaged 16.1 points a game).
For his next trick this season all he has to do is show improvement to his game while meshing with newcomer Andre Iguodala who largely plays the same position. Piece of cake.
It looks like the efforts to do all that will be on hold for a few days.
It’s preseason, no need to rush him back. What matters is being right for the start of the season.
Still, coach Jackson has some rotation issues to figure out. In the Warriors first two preseason games Barnes started at the three, with Iguodala and Stephen Curry in the backcourt. But is possible Barnes will come off the bench this season and Klay Thompson could start, something he has said he is good with.
If something like this happens during the season, the Warriors have the depth to cover it — but better to rest the foot now and not have this linger. Barnes is a key cog for Golden State.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16