Oct 8, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Harrison Barnes put together a good rookie season then burst on the scene with the fan favorite, bombs-away Warriors during the playoffs (when he averaged 16.1 points a game).
For his next trick this season all he has to do is show improvement to his game while meshing with newcomer Andre Iguodala who largely plays the same position. Piece of cake.
It looks like the efforts to do all that will be on hold for a few days.
Mark Jackson said Harrison Barnes played only six mins bc of left foot inflammation and probably won't play tomorrow in Utah.—
Rusty Simmons (@Rusty_SFChron) October 08, 2013
It’s preseason, no need to rush him back. What matters is being right for the start of the season.
Still, coach Jackson has some rotation issues to figure out. In the Warriors first two preseason games Barnes started at the three, with Iguodala and Stephen Curry in the backcourt. But is possible Barnes will come off the bench this season and Klay Thompson could start, something he has said he is good with.
If something like this happens during the season, the Warriors have the depth to cover it — but better to rest the foot now and not have this linger. Barnes is a key cog for Golden State.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 1
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)