Oct 8, 2013, 6:50 PM EST
Harrison Barnes put together a good rookie season then burst on the scene with the fan favorite, bombs-away Warriors during the playoffs (when he averaged 16.1 points a game).
For his next trick this season all he has to do is show improvement to his game while meshing with newcomer Andre Iguodala who largely plays the same position. Piece of cake.
It looks like the efforts to do all that will be on hold for a few days.
It’s preseason, no need to rush him back. What matters is being right for the start of the season.
Still, coach Jackson has some rotation issues to figure out. In the Warriors first two preseason games Barnes started at the three, with Iguodala and Stephen Curry in the backcourt. But is possible Barnes will come off the bench this season and Klay Thompson could start, something he has said he is good with.
If something like this happens during the season, the Warriors have the depth to cover it — but better to rest the foot now and not have this linger. Barnes is a key cog for Golden State.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14