Oct 8, 2013, 6:50 PM EDT
Harrison Barnes put together a good rookie season then burst on the scene with the fan favorite, bombs-away Warriors during the playoffs (when he averaged 16.1 points a game).
For his next trick this season all he has to do is show improvement to his game while meshing with newcomer Andre Iguodala who largely plays the same position. Piece of cake.
It looks like the efforts to do all that will be on hold for a few days.
It’s preseason, no need to rush him back. What matters is being right for the start of the season.
Still, coach Jackson has some rotation issues to figure out. In the Warriors first two preseason games Barnes started at the three, with Iguodala and Stephen Curry in the backcourt. But is possible Barnes will come off the bench this season and Klay Thompson could start, something he has said he is good with.
If something like this happens during the season, the Warriors have the depth to cover it — but better to rest the foot now and not have this linger. Barnes is a key cog for Golden State.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 12
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50