Oct 7, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Basketball and the NBA are huge in the Philippines — remember the games over there during the lockout? It was wild.
But the NBA had never taken a game there — until Thursday, when the Rockets and Pacers will face off over there. The two teams will play in Manila then travel for a second game in Taipei, Taiwan. Things are going to get crazy for Jeremy Lin there.
But things are already pretty crazy in the Philippines, check out the photos on this page. The teams have been greeted like rock stars with crowds everywhere. You can bet the coaches just love this distraction during training camp, it’s not like both of these teams enter the season with huge expectations on their shoulders. (Read that last sentence again in a sarcastic voice.)
We’ll have more from this game and this trip down the line, but for now enjoy the images.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10