Oct 7, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Basketball and the NBA are huge in the Philippines — remember the games over there during the lockout? It was wild.
But the NBA had never taken a game there — until Thursday, when the Rockets and Pacers will face off over there. The two teams will play in Manila then travel for a second game in Taipei, Taiwan. Things are going to get crazy for Jeremy Lin there.
But things are already pretty crazy in the Philippines, check out the photos on this page. The teams have been greeted like rock stars with crowds everywhere. You can bet the coaches just love this distraction during training camp, it’s not like both of these teams enter the season with huge expectations on their shoulders. (Read that last sentence again in a sarcastic voice.)
We’ll have more from this game and this trip down the line, but for now enjoy the images.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14