Oct 7, 2013, 5:36 PM EST
People who watched Patrick Beverly go after the ball last playoffs and in the process hit Russell Westbrook wrong and injure his knee last playoffs, them blamed Beverly for trying to make that aggressive play, haven’t watched him play. That’s how he defends — he is a relentless pest. That play was unfortunate, but the no quitting style was in character.
Just asked Jrue Holiday.
The All-Star point guard trade to the Pelicans got pestered into submission by Beverly over the weekend. In the fourth quarter of a preseason game Beverly was picking his pocket, harassing him full court and generally being a nuisance. That’s two minutes of pretty much owning a guy at the NBA level.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 0
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 4
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 18
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8