Oct 7, 2013, 5:36 PM EDT
People who watched Patrick Beverly go after the ball last playoffs and in the process hit Russell Westbrook wrong and injure his knee last playoffs, them blamed Beverly for trying to make that aggressive play, haven’t watched him play. That’s how he defends — he is a relentless pest. That play was unfortunate, but the no quitting style was in character.
Just asked Jrue Holiday.
The All-Star point guard trade to the Pelicans got pestered into submission by Beverly over the weekend. In the fourth quarter of a preseason game Beverly was picking his pocket, harassing him full court and generally being a nuisance. That’s two minutes of pretty much owning a guy at the NBA level.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12