Oct 7, 2013, 6:23 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Esquire loves Scarlett Johansson…
• In the Celtics locker room there is a voting board up with the question: Who would you take in a fight, Kris Humphries or Rajon Rondo? That’s tough. Normally you want to go with the more scrappy guy and that’s Rondo, but he does give up eight inches and 60 pounds and that’s a lot to make up. Tough call. I’ll take Floyd Mayweather.
• Here’s an old photo of Dr. J and John Havlicek wearing sombreros.
• Cleveland’s Tyler Zeller is otu for Tuesday’s preseason game against Milwaukee due to a strained left hip flexor.
• Orlando’s Doron Lamb sprained his ankle Sunday and did not practice on Monday.
• Charlotte’s Al Jefferson missed the end of practice Monday’s due to a sore hamstring, however he expects to play on Tuesday so nothing serious.
• Why Clipper fans should be optimistic about their defense.
• Philadephia inked a one-year, partially guaranteed contract with reserve big man Gani Lawal.
• Javaris Crittenton murder trial update: He talked about wanting to “beat the s— out of” the prosecutor, you can probably imagine how well that went over with the judge. Enjoy your ankle monitor and curfew.
• Sergei Belov, the legendary Soviet player who was a key part of the disputed 1972 Olympic win over Team USA, has passed away.
• Finally, LeBron James‘ son got an X-Box themed birthday cake which includes his father on the NBA 2K14 cover on it. The lesson here, if you’re LeBron’s son you get cool things.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:29 PM EST
He should be. He was robbed.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:51 PM EST
I’ll take Stephen Curry
Jan 30, 2015, 2:09 PM EST
NBA Commissioner has delivered on All-Star Break. Back-to-backs next?
Jan 30, 2015, 1:34 PM EST
Who wil start for Kobe?
Jan 30, 2015, 12:49 PM EST
Will center stick with Mavericks this time?
Jan 30, 2015, 12:11 PM EST
Sliding into your DMs like…
Jan 30, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Kings center waits five years, burns Clay Travis for tweet
Jan 30, 2015, 10:54 AM EST
Vaughn’s firing seems imminent
Jan 30, 2015, 10:13 AM EST
Who are the aWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWks?
Jan 30, 2015, 9:34 AM EST
Did anyone think he would get injured and say, “nah, I don’t want to fight through this” and walk away?
Jan 30, 2015, 8:58 AM EST
The Bulls have a great passing front line.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:37 AM EST
Already facing scrutiny, Vaughn oversaw 15-point loss to Bucks last night
Jan 30, 2015, 3:22 AM EST
The bad Bulls showed up in Los Angeles on Thursday.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:48 AM EST
“I really appreciate him coming, I didn’t expect it at all.” —Pau Gasol
Jan 30, 2015, 12:22 AM EST
He’s warming up for All-Star weekend.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:30 PM EST
It didn’t look good.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:45 PM EST
Management is displeased with their underperformance.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:02 PM EST
“Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.”
Jan 29, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
The new rule is an attempt to curtail Jay Z-style figurehead owners.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:09 PM EST
He will get a second opinion.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25