Oct 7, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Esquire loves Scarlett Johansson…
• In the Celtics locker room there is a voting board up with the question: Who would you take in a fight, Kris Humphries or Rajon Rondo? That’s tough. Normally you want to go with the more scrappy guy and that’s Rondo, but he does give up eight inches and 60 pounds and that’s a lot to make up. Tough call. I’ll take Floyd Mayweather.
• Here’s an old photo of Dr. J and John Havlicek wearing sombreros.
• Cleveland’s Tyler Zeller is otu for Tuesday’s preseason game against Milwaukee due to a strained left hip flexor.
• Orlando’s Doron Lamb sprained his ankle Sunday and did not practice on Monday.
• Charlotte’s Al Jefferson missed the end of practice Monday’s due to a sore hamstring, however he expects to play on Tuesday so nothing serious.
• Why Clipper fans should be optimistic about their defense.
• Philadephia inked a one-year, partially guaranteed contract with reserve big man Gani Lawal.
• Javaris Crittenton murder trial update: He talked about wanting to “beat the s— out of” the prosecutor, you can probably imagine how well that went over with the judge. Enjoy your ankle monitor and curfew.
• Sergei Belov, the legendary Soviet player who was a key part of the disputed 1972 Olympic win over Team USA, has passed away.
• Finally, LeBron James‘ son got an X-Box themed birthday cake which includes his father on the NBA 2K14 cover on it. The lesson here, if you’re LeBron’s son you get cool things.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 0
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7