Oct 7, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Esquire loves Scarlett Johansson…
• In the Celtics locker room there is a voting board up with the question: Who would you take in a fight, Kris Humphries or Rajon Rondo? That’s tough. Normally you want to go with the more scrappy guy and that’s Rondo, but he does give up eight inches and 60 pounds and that’s a lot to make up. Tough call. I’ll take Floyd Mayweather.
• Here’s an old photo of Dr. J and John Havlicek wearing sombreros.
• Cleveland’s Tyler Zeller is otu for Tuesday’s preseason game against Milwaukee due to a strained left hip flexor.
• Orlando’s Doron Lamb sprained his ankle Sunday and did not practice on Monday.
• Charlotte’s Al Jefferson missed the end of practice Monday’s due to a sore hamstring, however he expects to play on Tuesday so nothing serious.
• Why Clipper fans should be optimistic about their defense.
• Philadephia inked a one-year, partially guaranteed contract with reserve big man Gani Lawal.
• Javaris Crittenton murder trial update: He talked about wanting to “beat the s— out of” the prosecutor, you can probably imagine how well that went over with the judge. Enjoy your ankle monitor and curfew.
• Sergei Belov, the legendary Soviet player who was a key part of the disputed 1972 Olympic win over Team USA, has passed away.
• Finally, LeBron James‘ son got an X-Box themed birthday cake which includes his father on the NBA 2K14 cover on it. The lesson here, if you’re LeBron’s son you get cool things.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 38
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3