Oct 7, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
The Atlanta Hawks are expecting a fair amount out of Mexico native Gustavo Ayon this season. Al Horford, Elton Brand and Paul Millsap are the names you know along their reconstructed front line, but Ayon is going to have a nice sized role with that group. At FIBA Americas this summer he played like a guy ready to take that on.
So what happened Monday night was less than ideal — Ayon went straight to the locker room with a shoulder injury after a first-quarter collision with Norris Cole of the Heat. He did not return this game.
The Hawks gave no update tonight and will do so tomorrow, reports Chris Vivlamore at the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 8
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 5
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 13
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)