Oct 7, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks are expecting a fair amount out of Mexico native Gustavo Ayon this season. Al Horford, Elton Brand and Paul Millsap are the names you know along their reconstructed front line, but Ayon is going to have a nice sized role with that group. At FIBA Americas this summer he played like a guy ready to take that on.
So what happened Monday night was less than ideal — Ayon went straight to the locker room with a shoulder injury after a first-quarter collision with Norris Cole of the Heat. He did not return this game.
The Hawks gave no update tonight and will do so tomorrow, reports Chris Vivlamore at the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11