Oct 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We could have brought you video of Dwight Howard scoring his first bucket as a member of the Houston Rockets, but considering his defensive impact will be far more important to the ultimate fortunes of his new franchise, a blocked shot seems much more appropriate.
It didn’t take long for Howard to make his presence felt in Houston’s preseason debut against the Pelicans. For some reason, Jrue Holiday either didn’t realize how close he was to Howard before releasing his shot in the paint, or he underestimated Howard’s ability to quickly get up in time to contest the shot.
Not the most intelligent decision by Holiday, but credit Howard for his quick reaction in elevating to ignite the break with his rejection.
Howard finished with 19 points and nine rebounds in 27 minutes of action.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30