Oct 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We could have brought you video of Dwight Howard scoring his first bucket as a member of the Houston Rockets, but considering his defensive impact will be far more important to the ultimate fortunes of his new franchise, a blocked shot seems much more appropriate.
It didn’t take long for Howard to make his presence felt in Houston’s preseason debut against the Pelicans. For some reason, Jrue Holiday either didn’t realize how close he was to Howard before releasing his shot in the paint, or he underestimated Howard’s ability to quickly get up in time to contest the shot.
Not the most intelligent decision by Holiday, but credit Howard for his quick reaction in elevating to ignite the break with his rejection.
Howard finished with 19 points and nine rebounds in 27 minutes of action.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9