Oct 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We could have brought you video of Dwight Howard scoring his first bucket as a member of the Houston Rockets, but considering his defensive impact will be far more important to the ultimate fortunes of his new franchise, a blocked shot seems much more appropriate.
It didn’t take long for Howard to make his presence felt in Houston’s preseason debut against the Pelicans. For some reason, Jrue Holiday either didn’t realize how close he was to Howard before releasing his shot in the paint, or he underestimated Howard’s ability to quickly get up in time to contest the shot.
Not the most intelligent decision by Holiday, but credit Howard for his quick reaction in elevating to ignite the break with his rejection.
Howard finished with 19 points and nine rebounds in 27 minutes of action.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10