Oct 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We could have brought you video of Dwight Howard scoring his first bucket as a member of the Houston Rockets, but considering his defensive impact will be far more important to the ultimate fortunes of his new franchise, a blocked shot seems much more appropriate.
It didn’t take long for Howard to make his presence felt in Houston’s preseason debut against the Pelicans. For some reason, Jrue Holiday either didn’t realize how close he was to Howard before releasing his shot in the paint, or he underestimated Howard’s ability to quickly get up in time to contest the shot.
Not the most intelligent decision by Holiday, but credit Howard for his quick reaction in elevating to ignite the break with his rejection.
Howard finished with 19 points and nine rebounds in 27 minutes of action.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11