Oct 6, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We could have brought you video of Dwight Howard scoring his first bucket as a member of the Houston Rockets, but considering his defensive impact will be far more important to the ultimate fortunes of his new franchise, a blocked shot seems much more appropriate.
It didn’t take long for Howard to make his presence felt in Houston’s preseason debut against the Pelicans. For some reason, Jrue Holiday either didn’t realize how close he was to Howard before releasing his shot in the paint, or he underestimated Howard’s ability to quickly get up in time to contest the shot.
Not the most intelligent decision by Holiday, but credit Howard for his quick reaction in elevating to ignite the break with his rejection.
Howard finished with 19 points and nine rebounds in 27 minutes of action.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8