Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
The Pelicans signed Tyreke Evans to a large free agent contract this summer, so obviously the last thing they want to see is the player they just invested in go down with an injury in the first game of the preseason.
Evans landed awkwardly after hitting a shot in the lane early in the second quarter of the Pelicans’ preseason opener in Houston, and required help to make it from the floor into the locker room.
The X-rays were negative as far as showing any fractures, but an MRI is on the horizon for Evans in the coming days.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 72
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32