Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
The Pelicans signed Tyreke Evans to a large free agent contract this summer, so obviously the last thing they want to see is the player they just invested in go down with an injury in the first game of the preseason.
Evans landed awkwardly after hitting a shot in the lane early in the second quarter of the Pelicans’ preseason opener in Houston, and required help to make it from the floor into the locker room.
The X-rays were negative as far as showing any fractures, but an MRI is on the horizon for Evans in the coming days.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90