Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
The Pelicans signed Tyreke Evans to a large free agent contract this summer, so obviously the last thing they want to see is the player they just invested in go down with an injury in the first game of the preseason.
Evans landed awkwardly after hitting a shot in the lane early in the second quarter of the Pelicans’ preseason opener in Houston, and required help to make it from the floor into the locker room.
The X-rays were negative as far as showing any fractures, but an MRI is on the horizon for Evans in the coming days.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 0
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13