Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
The Pelicans signed Tyreke Evans to a large free agent contract this summer, so obviously the last thing they want to see is the player they just invested in go down with an injury in the first game of the preseason.
Evans landed awkwardly after hitting a shot in the lane early in the second quarter of the Pelicans’ preseason opener in Houston, and required help to make it from the floor into the locker room.
The X-rays were negative as far as showing any fractures, but an MRI is on the horizon for Evans in the coming days.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16