Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
The Pelicans signed Tyreke Evans to a large free agent contract this summer, so obviously the last thing they want to see is the player they just invested in go down with an injury in the first game of the preseason.
Evans landed awkwardly after hitting a shot in the lane early in the second quarter of the Pelicans’ preseason opener in Houston, and required help to make it from the floor into the locker room.
The X-rays were negative as far as showing any fractures, but an MRI is on the horizon for Evans in the coming days.
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 23
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68