Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Thunder opened the NBA’s 2013 preseason schedule on Saturday morning, playing Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul as part of the Global Games that will see teams play eight preseason games in eight cities, in six countries and territories.
Oklahoma City was already without Russell Westbrook, who will now miss at least the first month of the regular season after undergoing an additional knee surgery last week. They lost another starter in Kendrick Perkins late in the first half, although to something that should ultimately prove to be far less serious.
Perkins dislocated a finger while battling for a rebound, and as seen in the video clip above, he did his best to fix it himself. He was apparently unsuccessful, however, as Perkins didn’t start the second half; rookie Steven Adams got the nod in his place.
The Thunder led 48-42 at the break, behind 20 points and six rebounds from Kevin Durant.
[via Daily Thunder]
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4