Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Thunder opened the NBA’s 2013 preseason schedule on Saturday morning, playing Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul as part of the Global Games that will see teams play eight preseason games in eight cities, in six countries and territories.
Oklahoma City was already without Russell Westbrook, who will now miss at least the first month of the regular season after undergoing an additional knee surgery last week. They lost another starter in Kendrick Perkins late in the first half, although to something that should ultimately prove to be far less serious.
Perkins dislocated a finger while battling for a rebound, and as seen in the video clip above, he did his best to fix it himself. He was apparently unsuccessful, however, as Perkins didn’t start the second half; rookie Steven Adams got the nod in his place.
The Thunder led 48-42 at the break, behind 20 points and six rebounds from Kevin Durant.
[via Daily Thunder]
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8