Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Thunder opened the NBA’s 2013 preseason schedule on Saturday morning, playing Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul as part of the Global Games that will see teams play eight preseason games in eight cities, in six countries and territories.
Oklahoma City was already without Russell Westbrook, who will now miss at least the first month of the regular season after undergoing an additional knee surgery last week. They lost another starter in Kendrick Perkins late in the first half, although to something that should ultimately prove to be far less serious.
Perkins dislocated a finger while battling for a rebound, and as seen in the video clip above, he did his best to fix it himself. He was apparently unsuccessful, however, as Perkins didn’t start the second half; rookie Steven Adams got the nod in his place.
The Thunder led 48-42 at the break, behind 20 points and six rebounds from Kevin Durant.
[via Daily Thunder]
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55