Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Thunder opened the NBA’s 2013 preseason schedule on Saturday morning, playing Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul as part of the Global Games that will see teams play eight preseason games in eight cities, in six countries and territories.
Oklahoma City was already without Russell Westbrook, who will now miss at least the first month of the regular season after undergoing an additional knee surgery last week. They lost another starter in Kendrick Perkins late in the first half, although to something that should ultimately prove to be far less serious.
Perkins dislocated a finger while battling for a rebound, and as seen in the video clip above, he did his best to fix it himself. He was apparently unsuccessful, however, as Perkins didn’t start the second half; rookie Steven Adams got the nod in his place.
The Thunder led 48-42 at the break, behind 20 points and six rebounds from Kevin Durant.
[via Daily Thunder]
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13