Oct 5, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
The Thunder opened the NBA’s 2013 preseason schedule on Saturday morning, playing Fenerbahce Ulker in Istanbul as part of the Global Games that will see teams play eight preseason games in eight cities, in six countries and territories.
Oklahoma City was already without Russell Westbrook, who will now miss at least the first month of the regular season after undergoing an additional knee surgery last week. They lost another starter in Kendrick Perkins late in the first half, although to something that should ultimately prove to be far less serious.
Perkins dislocated a finger while battling for a rebound, and as seen in the video clip above, he did his best to fix it himself. He was apparently unsuccessful, however, as Perkins didn’t start the second half; rookie Steven Adams got the nod in his place.
The Thunder led 48-42 at the break, behind 20 points and six rebounds from Kevin Durant.
[via Daily Thunder]
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 30
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13