Oct 5, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
The wait is over.
Derrick Rose returned to the court for the first time in almost 18 months on Saturday, playing as part of the starting lineup for the Bulls in the team’s preseason opener against the Pacers.
Rose started off slowly, initiating the offense and preferring to observe his teammates go to work during the early possessions. But he got his first bucket with 8:50 to go in the first.
After absorbing the contact from Roy Hibbert on the drive and missing the shot, Rose kept after it, getting the offensive rebound and putback with an athletic move at the basket.
[via Matt Moore at EOB]
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 6
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30