Oct 5, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The wait is over.
Derrick Rose returned to the court for the first time in almost 18 months on Saturday, playing as part of the starting lineup for the Bulls in the team’s preseason opener against the Pacers.
Rose started off slowly, initiating the offense and preferring to observe his teammates go to work during the early possessions. But he got his first bucket with 8:50 to go in the first.
After absorbing the contact from Roy Hibbert on the drive and missing the shot, Rose kept after it, getting the offensive rebound and putback with an athletic move at the basket.
[via Matt Moore at EOB]
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13