Oct 5, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The wait is over.
Derrick Rose returned to the court for the first time in almost 18 months on Saturday, playing as part of the starting lineup for the Bulls in the team’s preseason opener against the Pacers.
Rose started off slowly, initiating the offense and preferring to observe his teammates go to work during the early possessions. But he got his first bucket with 8:50 to go in the first.
After absorbing the contact from Roy Hibbert on the drive and missing the shot, Rose kept after it, getting the offensive rebound and putback with an athletic move at the basket.
[via Matt Moore at EOB]
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 37
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 33