Oct 5, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The wait is over.
Derrick Rose returned to the court for the first time in almost 18 months on Saturday, playing as part of the starting lineup for the Bulls in the team’s preseason opener against the Pacers.
Rose started off slowly, initiating the offense and preferring to observe his teammates go to work during the early possessions. But he got his first bucket with 8:50 to go in the first.
After absorbing the contact from Roy Hibbert on the drive and missing the shot, Rose kept after it, getting the offensive rebound and putback with an athletic move at the basket.
[via Matt Moore at EOB]
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14