Oct 4, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings have taken their training camp to UC Santa Barbara, a university where you have to be pretty smart to get in but nobody really goes there for the academics. Interesting motif to choose for training camp, but there you have it.
After practice Thursday, some UCSB students were let in and entertained by a three point shooting contest featuring DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette, Ben McLemore, and consultant and team advisor Chris Mullin. Oh yea, Mullin just happens to be one of the best shooters in the history of the game and a Hall of Famer.
According to Cowbell Kingdom, Mullin was introduced to the crowd as ““Vinny, a 16th year senior majoring in aeronautics” but then he proceeded to knock down 14-of-15 from three. (Cousins won the contest because he was the first to hit a half court shot, so apparently the rules the Kings use in this game make about as much sense as the rules of for quidditch.)
Great video from Cowbell Kingdom with the interviews.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 0
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31