Oct 4, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
The Sacramento Kings have taken their training camp to UC Santa Barbara, a university where you have to be pretty smart to get in but nobody really goes there for the academics. Interesting motif to choose for training camp, but there you have it.
After practice Thursday, some UCSB students were let in and entertained by a three point shooting contest featuring DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette, Ben McLemore, and consultant and team advisor Chris Mullin. Oh yea, Mullin just happens to be one of the best shooters in the history of the game and a Hall of Famer.
According to Cowbell Kingdom, Mullin was introduced to the crowd as ““Vinny, a 16th year senior majoring in aeronautics” but then he proceeded to knock down 14-of-15 from three. (Cousins won the contest because he was the first to hit a half court shot, so apparently the rules the Kings use in this game make about as much sense as the rules of for quidditch.)
Great video from Cowbell Kingdom with the interviews.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15