Oct 4, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings have taken their training camp to UC Santa Barbara, a university where you have to be pretty smart to get in but nobody really goes there for the academics. Interesting motif to choose for training camp, but there you have it.
After practice Thursday, some UCSB students were let in and entertained by a three point shooting contest featuring DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette, Ben McLemore, and consultant and team advisor Chris Mullin. Oh yea, Mullin just happens to be one of the best shooters in the history of the game and a Hall of Famer.
According to Cowbell Kingdom, Mullin was introduced to the crowd as ““Vinny, a 16th year senior majoring in aeronautics” but then he proceeded to knock down 14-of-15 from three. (Cousins won the contest because he was the first to hit a half court shot, so apparently the rules the Kings use in this game make about as much sense as the rules of for quidditch.)
Great video from Cowbell Kingdom with the interviews.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 0
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 12
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41