Oct 4, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
The Sacramento Kings have taken their training camp to UC Santa Barbara, a university where you have to be pretty smart to get in but nobody really goes there for the academics. Interesting motif to choose for training camp, but there you have it.
After practice Thursday, some UCSB students were let in and entertained by a three point shooting contest featuring DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette, Ben McLemore, and consultant and team advisor Chris Mullin. Oh yea, Mullin just happens to be one of the best shooters in the history of the game and a Hall of Famer.
According to Cowbell Kingdom, Mullin was introduced to the crowd as ““Vinny, a 16th year senior majoring in aeronautics” but then he proceeded to knock down 14-of-15 from three. (Cousins won the contest because he was the first to hit a half court shot, so apparently the rules the Kings use in this game make about as much sense as the rules of for quidditch.)
Great video from Cowbell Kingdom with the interviews.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 41
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8