Oct 3, 2013, 10:47 PM EST
It began with relatively innocuous remarks from Jennings that seemed more like excitement to play with the likes of Josh Smith, Andre Drummond, and Greg Monroe than they were aimed at disparaging Sanders.
Sanders took exception, however, and essentially accused Jennings of never passing the ball.
Jennings, of course, defended his actions.
Former teammate Larry Sanders may feel that Jennings should have passed more, but Jennings thinks the only way the Bucks had a chance was for him and backcourt mate Monta Ellis to take the majority of shots.
“I had to, I had to, though,” he said. “I mean, I had to take the shots. That’s just what it is. Me and Monta had to take those shots. Regardless for us to even get into the eighth spot in the playoffs, we had to take those shots. That’s just what it is.”
“I wasn’t taking shots at Milwaukee, but let’s be honest here,” Jennings said. “I got two of the best young big men in the league. I’m not going to sugarcoat it or say it any other way. If he feels like I wasn’t passing him the ball … (laughs). There’s times that that I had 20, 18, 19 assists in a game over there, so I was passing.
“Sometimes you gotta be able to finish.”
That last part might be a good-natured shot back at Sanders, who is known for his defense more than he is for his offense. But Jennings clearly has no hard feelings about the exchange.
“Hey, they paid him $11 million per year, so he’s doing something right,” Jennings said of Sanders.
Those Pistons-Bucks games this season are going to be absolute wars … probably.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14