Oct 2, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Seth MacFarlane likes doing cutaways in Family Guy…
• By the way, you can get officially licensed LeBron James or Kobe Bryant tattoos. Why you would is beyond me, but you can.
• Here is a great story about Mark Jackson and some of the Warriors going to the famed San Quentin prison to play ball against the inmates.
• New coach Brad Stevens says his plan with the Celtics is to defend well and run. When you find a coach that doesn’t say his teams will defend and play up tempo, let me know.
• Here is O.J. Mayo talking about how the 11th grade version of him decided to challenge Michael Jordan at Jordan’s camp.
• Kevin Durant is selling his Oklahoma City house and moving closer to downtown. His old home was not NBA state of the art as it lacked a shark tank (Kobe Bryant and Gilbert Arenas each had one).
• Add Rudy Gay to the long list of guys who said they added 20 pounds of muscle over the summer.
• The Hawks have no timetable for Lou Williams to recover from knee issues, and they are not going to rush him.
• Dallas rookie Shane Larkin is not participating in training camp and has no timetable to do so following ankle surgery this summer.
• At Hawks media day, new coach Mike Budenholzer dodged questions about the DUI he got over the summer.
• In a fantastic bit of news, The Basketball Jones team from SCORE has changed teams — they are now called The Starters and will have a regular show on NBA TV. Their podcast is must listen.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52