Oct 2, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
The crew from “The Basketball Jones” had already made it to the big time by securing a regular gig on Canadian television, as well as having their popular podcast at one point being distributed on the Grantland network.
Their latest move to the Turner family as part of NBA TV’s coverage should only help push their knowledgable, entertaining, and hilarious style of basketball analysis even further into the mainstream.
From the official release:
NBA Digital continues to boost its original content with the introduction of The Starters, a collective of fan-focused voices with a unique and unconventional take on the game, to its multimedia portfolio. The Starters, formerly The Basketball Jones, will produce original content across all screens including a daily TV show, podcast and blog, and a constant presence across a variety of social media platforms. Fans can engage with The Starters using the hashtag #TheStarters.
Co-hosts J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas, with contributors Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis, will use their strong fundamentals to continue showing their passion for the game with fun, entertaining and witty content generated on site in Atlanta.
The current NBA TV gang doesn’t appear to be all that familiar with what they’ll be getting, but E.J. Skates and Taj Mahal should do just fine in their new surroundings.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18