Oct 2, 2013, 8:37 PM EDT
The crew from “The Basketball Jones” had already made it to the big time by securing a regular gig on Canadian television, as well as having their popular podcast at one point being distributed on the Grantland network.
Their latest move to the Turner family as part of NBA TV’s coverage should only help push their knowledgable, entertaining, and hilarious style of basketball analysis even further into the mainstream.
From the official release:
NBA Digital continues to boost its original content with the introduction of The Starters, a collective of fan-focused voices with a unique and unconventional take on the game, to its multimedia portfolio. The Starters, formerly The Basketball Jones, will produce original content across all screens including a daily TV show, podcast and blog, and a constant presence across a variety of social media platforms. Fans can engage with The Starters using the hashtag #TheStarters.
Co-hosts J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas, with contributors Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis, will use their strong fundamentals to continue showing their passion for the game with fun, entertaining and witty content generated on site in Atlanta.
The current NBA TV gang doesn’t appear to be all that familiar with what they’ll be getting, but E.J. Skates and Taj Mahal should do just fine in their new surroundings.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11