Oct 2, 2013, 8:37 PM EST
The crew from “The Basketball Jones” had already made it to the big time by securing a regular gig on Canadian television, as well as having their popular podcast at one point being distributed on the Grantland network.
Their latest move to the Turner family as part of NBA TV’s coverage should only help push their knowledgable, entertaining, and hilarious style of basketball analysis even further into the mainstream.
From the official release:
NBA Digital continues to boost its original content with the introduction of The Starters, a collective of fan-focused voices with a unique and unconventional take on the game, to its multimedia portfolio. The Starters, formerly The Basketball Jones, will produce original content across all screens including a daily TV show, podcast and blog, and a constant presence across a variety of social media platforms. Fans can engage with The Starters using the hashtag #TheStarters.
Co-hosts J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas, with contributors Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis, will use their strong fundamentals to continue showing their passion for the game with fun, entertaining and witty content generated on site in Atlanta.
The current NBA TV gang doesn’t appear to be all that familiar with what they’ll be getting, but E.J. Skates and Taj Mahal should do just fine in their new surroundings.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13