Oct 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Eric Gordon played in 42 games last season for New Orleans due to battling ankle issues, which led to another surgery in May. That was better than the 9 games the season before that. For those of you counting at home, that’s 51 games since he was traded to New Orleans as a cornerstone in the Chris Paul trade.
Now he’s going to miss the first couple weeks of the preseason — but it’s just a precaution, at least according to the team. I’m sure that makes Pelican fans feel a whole lot better.
On Tuesday, Williams told local reporters that shooting guard Eric Gordon is not expected to be able to play in an exhibition game for “about two weeks.” Gordon participated in practice but is being monitored as he progresses in his conditioning following offseason ankle surgery.
“He’s ramping up, getting his conditioning back, since he just got his release from the doctors,” Williams said. “He’s moving toward the type of conditioning he needs to be in. I don’t want him to go out there full bore and pull a hamstring or something, because he hasn’t been going (physically) as long as the other guys have.”
If this were most players, you’d shrug, but with Gordon this has to make Pelican fans a little bit nervous. This is likely just a precaution and everything will go well, but with his history of injuries it feels different.
But they are if key players can’t stay healthy.
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 2
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 11
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)