Oct 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Eric Gordon played in 42 games last season for New Orleans due to battling ankle issues, which led to another surgery in May. That was better than the 9 games the season before that. For those of you counting at home, that’s 51 games since he was traded to New Orleans as a cornerstone in the Chris Paul trade.
Now he’s going to miss the first couple weeks of the preseason — but it’s just a precaution, at least according to the team. I’m sure that makes Pelican fans feel a whole lot better.
On Tuesday, Williams told local reporters that shooting guard Eric Gordon is not expected to be able to play in an exhibition game for “about two weeks.” Gordon participated in practice but is being monitored as he progresses in his conditioning following offseason ankle surgery.
“He’s ramping up, getting his conditioning back, since he just got his release from the doctors,” Williams said. “He’s moving toward the type of conditioning he needs to be in. I don’t want him to go out there full bore and pull a hamstring or something, because he hasn’t been going (physically) as long as the other guys have.”
If this were most players, you’d shrug, but with Gordon this has to make Pelican fans a little bit nervous. This is likely just a precaution and everything will go well, but with his history of injuries it feels different.
But they are if key players can’t stay healthy.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 37
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12