Oct 2, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Eric Gordon played in 42 games last season for New Orleans due to battling ankle issues, which led to another surgery in May. That was better than the 9 games the season before that. For those of you counting at home, that’s 51 games since he was traded to New Orleans as a cornerstone in the Chris Paul trade.
Now he’s going to miss the first couple weeks of the preseason — but it’s just a precaution, at least according to the team. I’m sure that makes Pelican fans feel a whole lot better.
On Tuesday, Williams told local reporters that shooting guard Eric Gordon is not expected to be able to play in an exhibition game for “about two weeks.” Gordon participated in practice but is being monitored as he progresses in his conditioning following offseason ankle surgery.
“He’s ramping up, getting his conditioning back, since he just got his release from the doctors,” Williams said. “He’s moving toward the type of conditioning he needs to be in. I don’t want him to go out there full bore and pull a hamstring or something, because he hasn’t been going (physically) as long as the other guys have.”
If this were most players, you’d shrug, but with Gordon this has to make Pelican fans a little bit nervous. This is likely just a precaution and everything will go well, but with his history of injuries it feels different.
But they are if key players can’t stay healthy.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59