Oct 2, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Coming out of an impressive college career in Memphis, Chris Douglas-Roberts seemed like the kind of crafty player who could find a way to get his shot off in the midrange and develop a role in the NBA. It hasn’t panned out that way. For some players the biggest adjustment going from college to the NBA is going from being a star to just a role player and reports of immaturity of game and person dogged CDR as he faded from the NBA.
He was not in the NBA two seasons ago and had just a cup of coffee with the Mavericks last season. This summer he played for the Lakers at Summer League and averaged 8.6 points a game but on 34.4 percent shooting.
This is a camp-only contract. The Knicks will start Iman Shumpert at the two and have the Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith coming off the bench behind him. After that they’d like to develop Tim Hardaway Junior. They are not looking to add swingmen.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16