Oct 2, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
Coming out of an impressive college career in Memphis, Chris Douglas-Roberts seemed like the kind of crafty player who could find a way to get his shot off in the midrange and develop a role in the NBA. It hasn’t panned out that way. For some players the biggest adjustment going from college to the NBA is going from being a star to just a role player and reports of immaturity of game and person dogged CDR as he faded from the NBA.
He was not in the NBA two seasons ago and had just a cup of coffee with the Mavericks last season. This summer he played for the Lakers at Summer League and averaged 8.6 points a game but on 34.4 percent shooting.
This is a camp-only contract. The Knicks will start Iman Shumpert at the two and have the Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith coming off the bench behind him. After that they’d like to develop Tim Hardaway Junior. They are not looking to add swingmen.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5