Oct 2, 2013, 3:07 PM EDT
Coming out of an impressive college career in Memphis, Chris Douglas-Roberts seemed like the kind of crafty player who could find a way to get his shot off in the midrange and develop a role in the NBA. It hasn’t panned out that way. For some players the biggest adjustment going from college to the NBA is going from being a star to just a role player and reports of immaturity of game and person dogged CDR as he faded from the NBA.
He was not in the NBA two seasons ago and had just a cup of coffee with the Mavericks last season. This summer he played for the Lakers at Summer League and averaged 8.6 points a game but on 34.4 percent shooting.
This is a camp-only contract. The Knicks will start Iman Shumpert at the two and have the Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith coming off the bench behind him. After that they’d like to develop Tim Hardaway Junior. They are not looking to add swingmen.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 44
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 79
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27