Oct 2, 2013, 3:07 PM EST
Coming out of an impressive college career in Memphis, Chris Douglas-Roberts seemed like the kind of crafty player who could find a way to get his shot off in the midrange and develop a role in the NBA. It hasn’t panned out that way. For some players the biggest adjustment going from college to the NBA is going from being a star to just a role player and reports of immaturity of game and person dogged CDR as he faded from the NBA.
He was not in the NBA two seasons ago and had just a cup of coffee with the Mavericks last season. This summer he played for the Lakers at Summer League and averaged 8.6 points a game but on 34.4 percent shooting.
This is a camp-only contract. The Knicks will start Iman Shumpert at the two and have the Sixth Man of the Year J.R. Smith coming off the bench behind him. After that they’d like to develop Tim Hardaway Junior. They are not looking to add swingmen.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20